Picked up on some great reworks on Tinashe over the weekend. Tinashe Kachingwe a young American singer who’s currently setting up her first studio album ‘Aquarius’. The first remixer is one of the year’s production heroes Pomo. He wrote the remix on Tinashe’s ‘Vulnerable’, a track from Tinashe’s 2013 mixtape ‘Black Water’. Very much Pomo.
The second Tinashe remix comes from TroyBoi, a remixer from London. He made his own version of Tinashe’s ‘2 On’ featuring Schoolboy Q, which is the lead track for the upcoming album. Even though the original stuff from the album might be getting some radio playtime, the most interresting stuff going on here is the directions both Pomo and TroyBoi are taking the instrumentals.
Also beautifully produced, ‘HalfDressed’, a new track by Brittish producer TL& (or Tearland). TL& started working out productions under that moniker in 2012 and has steadily been unveiling new productions ever since, mostly on the border of house, garage and electronica.
– Sampha – Without (Wigzen ReVision)
– Banks – Brain (Larse Remix)
– Manu Shrine – Wip
– Nigel Good – The Missing Link
– Dec3mber & Fluent – Blister Crisps
– D’Angelo x Miguel Macedo – Spanish Joint (Joe Kay’s Slowed Edit)
– Peter Thomas – All Of You (Steerner Bootleg)
– Médéric & Le Croquant – LWND (Moi je Remix)
– INOJ – Love You Down (BMB SpaceKid Remix)
– Reflekt – Need To Feel Loved (MasterA remix)
– Imaani Brown- Oh Sheila
– Mr Probz – Waves (Invaders Of Nine Remix)
– AbJo – Selecta!
– Kilter – They Say (Feki Remix)
– Anhanguera vs Crystal Waters – 100% Pure Dope
– Kaytronik – Look Inside Izmabad Version
– Blood Orange – Uncle ACE (Yaaman Remix)
– James Vincent Mc Morrow – Higher Love (Matoma Remix)
– Tiësto – Red Lights (LEGION RMX)
– Le Nonsense – Tonite