During our little hibernation this winter One Bit Music kept making beautiful new tunes. Their 4th free track on Soundcloud was published this week, titled ‘Not About You’. And just like the previous three times, the result is a good mixture of pop and electronic components. An there’s more to come in the coming weeks!
Sydney twins Cosmo’s Midnight grinds up Destiny’s Child’s ‘Say My Name’. One of the best DC reworks out there at this point. And there’s a lot of those. Two in this post alone. At some point there needs to be a DC remixed mixtape.
NYC Disco/soul/funk producer/dj Cloak Dagger is sharing a set of bootlegs of him and companions. Four tracks which you should just go and get off of Colak Dagger’s Soundcloud page. A personal favorite on the EP is the collaboration between Deejay Theory and J Boogie that is titled ‘Jamaican Gal’.
Guilty pleasure time. Two remixes today, both balancing between cheesy and genius. Mostly genius though. Emoce is a Dutch producer from Hilversum/Amsterdam who worked out a remix on Destiny’s Child a while ago. It was this Bossa Nova flavoured take on DC’s ‘Bugaboo‘. There’s an entire EP following up that release with remixes on Destiny’s Child and neighbouring projects. The EP also features a Caribbean rework on ‘Say My Name’. Slightly cheesy, mostly pure genius.
Second one’s a major guilty pleasure. Obligatory trap edit. On not just one of the most popular names in the Dutch EDM mainstream right now, but genuinely one of the better producers within that pool of artists. Martin Garrix’ Proxy receives it’s inevitable trap rework. The culprits: Trilluminati and Dane Brennan.
- Cloak Dagger ft. Basement Love – Take Me There
- Bronx – Sundays
- Emil Rottmayer – Eighty Seven (Emil’s Deeper Mix)
- Sorceress – Teacups
- RKCB – Baptize
- Trackheadz – Our Music (Mark Starr’s 808 Refix)
- Laurent Lamarca – Taxi (Christine remix)
- Lorde – A World Alone (Shiny Goose Remix)
- Ben Khan ft. The Classixx – Youth (Edward Newgate Remix)
- Lennart Richter – Got No Rhythm
- Murci – Visions
- Chachi feat. Natascha Bessez – Heart Is A Warrior (Joei Jo Remix)
- Tinush – Unreal Love
- Lana Del Rey – Young And Beautiful (Crowdkillers Remix)
- The Glitch Mob – West Coast Rocks (2014)
- Chic – Your Love Is Cancelled (Jean Tonique Edit)
- Ark Patrol – Ambition
- Ark Patrol – Tokyo
- Para One – Kiwi (Sébastien Faure Remix)
- Daughter – Medicine (Sieren Edit)
- Heizen – Let It Flow
- Tiny Ruins – Ukwn (Daniele Di Martino Remix)
- SLAGZ – Morning Hustle
- Bad Suns – Salt (Peter Thomas Remix)
- Phantogram – Fall in Love (Lennart Richter Remix)
- Nick Price – Naked Souls (Moovmnt Premiere)
- ozzi – Shine A Light
How did we miss this beauty? A few weeks ago French Express released a new free EP by one of it’s own, Isaas Tichauer. It’s Tichauer’s first EP of the year with two tracks on it, ‘Changes’ would the the A side, ‘Questions’ a high quality B side. ‘Changes’ is this fantastic deep track with a hovering bassline and a good long break. Essential tune of the week.
Cyclist adopted ‘Root Down’. That’s an old track by the Beastie Boys, which originally appeared in 1995 on their ‘Root Down EP’. Disco touch by Cyclist, which is a pretty original combination. Especially since so much of the original is left uncut. Cool.
Talk about leaving classic (pretty much) uncut. Jean Tonique slightly pitches up Q-Tip and Raphael Saadiq’s ‘Get Involved’. Also a nineties classic, originally released in 1999. A forgotten gem.
Last track before this post gets too nostalgic. Snoop Dogg and Pharrell’s ‘Drop It Like It’s Hot’ received treatment by Kartell. Third hip-hop/disco rework in a row, that’s a pattern.
- Fion – Boulder Cash
- Mr Probz – Waves ( Lukas Brzostek Edit )
- Fakear – Life In Grey (Fakear Remix)
- Evol Intent – Dead On Arrival (TBT Remaster)
- Mad Satta – Oh Lord
- Bonham – Jelly
- Hermitude – Get In My Life (Jaytee Remix)
- When You’re Simply Ready – Botox Injection
- Brad Shit – Casbah Breakdown
- Major Lazer, Pharrell Williams, Shiba San – Aerosol Can (niceone Okay Fix)
- Brain Tan – Relapse
- Kae Uh – Choice Skids (Ōzaka Remix)
- Barrio Lindo – Libres (Glenn Astro’s Rhythm Tool)
- P0gman – You Cant Handle This
- Moodwax – Keep it Real
- Harrison x D-Lank – 8Bit Foreplay
- Sigma – Divine
- Daughter – Medicine (Sieren Edit)
- KiNK – Sintezator
- Isaac Tichauer – Questions
- Parasite Single – The Hunt (La Boum Fatale Remix)
- Major Lazer ft. Amber of Dirty Projectors – Get Free (The Letter “C” Remix)
- Joker – Digital Mainframe
- Wake Owl – Candy (Women Of Big Sur Remix)
- Owsey & Resotone – Come To Me, Whispering Sea
- Chordashian – Skyscraper Souls feat. Freedom Fry (Acapella)
- Afr0jack ft. Sn00p D0gg – Dynam1te (Neki Stranac Remix)
- DJ GETDOWN feat. DR.NO – LA PASTA
- Zella Day – Seven Nation Army ϟ Kasúal & Rasmus Juul Edit
- ZZZ – Honey
- Boy Kid Cloud – I Need You
- Zeds Dead – Hadouken
- Polymath – Heard It All Before (Polymath Remix)
- The Ninetys – I Know It Has Been a While
- roomRAMBO – Wrong Number
- Low Pros – Muscle feat. Juvenile (TWRK Remix)
- Du©k S▽uce – NRG (CVPELLV Remix)
- Incontext – Someone (Deep Focus Remix)
Great to hear Q-Tip like this.
photo by Michael Ostuni
Canadian STINT picks up Q-Tip’s ‘Work It Out’ from his 2008 album ‘The Renaissance’. STINT lays down a chilled out instrumental underneath. Be fast on the download though, track is only up for a few days.
Kraak & Smaak are set up for a tour including lots of shows in the Netherlands, but also a few dates in the US and Turkey/Hungary. All in aftermath of Kraak & Smaak’s most recent album ‘Chrome Waves’. ‘How We Gonna Stop The Time’ is a track from that album, and the duo is sharing (another) free remix on that track by Russian producer Valique. Impressive once again.
Brooklyn duo Manicanparty lines up their next free track titled ‘Warpaint’. That’s another track in what has grown to be a list of very well produced pop tracks. ‘Warpaint’ is the groups newest track after releasing their Manicanparty EP in late 2013, which was pretty close to being called an album.
Lemaitre did a remix on Martin Solveig’s pop production ‘Hey Now’ last year. After a while, it is fanially up for free download. Is somewhere inbetween EDM and Indie Disco, quite nice.
- MSCLS Ft Knox – Make It Hot
- Redlight – C.A.S.S.I.E
- Figure – Infinite Lives
- Spag Heddy – The Master VIP
- TrollPhace & Alex Sin – Talk Shit
- Funeral Suits – All Those Friendly People (Coyu Remix)
- Hundreds – Please Rewind (La Boum Fatale Remix)
- Lavish 189 ft. Paul Phoenix – African Thing
- Lavish 189 ft. Simpiwe Mathole and David Nqayi – Energy
- She’s So Rad – Levels (Kutcorners Remix)
- Youan – We Back
- Oliver Koletzki – After All (Claptone remix)
- Pacific Shore – Eclipse
- Temple – Sunni Colón (starRo Remix)
- Major Lazer – Pon De Floor (Taiki Nulight “Ravers” Remix)
- X Gets The Crest – I Need You (Phazz Remix)
- DarkElixir – Creeper
- Joeski,Jesante – Song For Frankie
- Razzz – April
- Q-Tip – Work It Out (Stint Remix)
- MATT LATCH – Moon Stone